Bona Traffic Water-Based Polyurethane Instructions
- 1st and 2nd coat – 2 hour re-entry time.
- Final coat – 3-4 hour re-entry time. Light use first 24 hours. Furniture may be reinstalled after 2 days
- No area rugs on floors for 1 week. Socks only for 1 week.
Glitsa Oil-based Instructions
- Each coat 10-12 hour re-entry time.
- Furniture may be reinstalled after 3 days.
- No area rugs on floors for 5days. Socks only for 5days.
ALL Furniture should be carried and set in place. Never drag furniture across floors!
- All furniture should rest on felt protection at all times. Change felt tabs on chair legs every 2-3 months, or as needed. We can provide 100 ct. bags of felt tabs, if desired, at an additional cost. All furniture should always be carried, not dragged into place.
- NEVER roll or slide heavy appliances across floors without the use of an appliance dolly. If pulling refrigerator out to clean behind, roll out onto 1/4” thick plywood.
- Floors should be cleaned daily with a dry dust mop, vacuum. Surface grit will scratch finish. The cleaner your floors, the less surface wear you’ll encounter.
- Wet-clean your floors with a well-wrung cloth, hand sponge or sponge mop. We highly recommend a professional hardwood floor cleaner- such as a Bona Cleaning Kit or AquaShine Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner. Never use excessive water, this will damage your floors. Always contact us with questions regarding cleaning prior to use, if unsure.
- NEVER use any oil or wax based cleaners or polishers on your floors. These types of cleaners will contaminate your finish. Some of these products include Murphy’s Oil Soap and Orange Glo
- Floors should be recoated periodically. This is a 1 day process and considered part of basic hardwood floor maintenance. When the original finish starts to dull and show more surface wear, this is when the floors should be recoated to bring back the life and luster back to the floor. Necessary recoating can vary in time from 2-5 years, depending on daily maintenance and amount of traffic.
If you have any further questions, please call our office at 603-875-0032 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Floors expand and contract with the change of seasons. Floors, like all wood, exchange moisture with the atmosphere. In the winter months, due to low humidity, your floors can gap. In the summer, due to higher humidity, they will expand. This is perfectly normal. To limit expansion and contraction, keep your indoor humity level as close to 50% year round.